GunNook NIJ Level IIIa Standard Ballistic Helmet (SBH) – MultiCam
GunNook is proud to announce our NIJ Level IIIA Standard Ballistic Helmet (S.B.H.). Designed and produced to replace the older model MICH 2000, and 2001 helmets the S.B.H. provides improved performance and reduced weight over the previously issued helmets.
The base material of the helmet is a state-of-the-art para-aramid that utilizes a unique construction resulting in increased ballistic protection.
Our comfortable, closed-cell foam, “Hex” Pad Suspension, in combination with a four point “Easy Adjust” retention system, allows for several adjustments to achieve a snug and extremely comfortable fit. In addition, the use of an H-style nape pad in the 4-point retention makes the helmet very stable even when using Night Vision Goggles (goggles sold separately).
The Standard Ballistic Helmet integrates with all of our Suspension Systems, “Para-Rails” Helmet Rail System, “TAC One” Headset and “TAC TWO” Headset for tactical communications and increased hearing protection.
Our Standard operator helmet is offered in two sizes, the M/L at 3 pounds and the L/XL at 3.2 pounds.
- High Cut side walls to allow for use of Comm gear.
- High Cut shell provides the same amount of head coverage / size as the MICH 2002 “Gun-Fighter” model.
- Includes Skeleton NVG Shroud, bungee lanyards, and integrated chinstrap.
- Includes our lightweight, multi-impact, ventilated liner with repositionable “Hex” pad system. Due to their closed-cell comfort foam construction these pads are not affected by temperature, altitude, or moisture.
- Dial adjustable suspension system with replaceable front, nape, and side pads quickly detaches to allow convenient donning and doffing of COMMs headsets with headbands.
- Integrated “Easy Adjust” retention system gives the helmet 4x more stability than standard issue ACH helmet suspension and retention products.
- Comes standard with MARSOC / WARCOM night vision 3-hole mount pattern.
This helmet is designed to conform to Ballistic Resistance NIJ Standard-0101.06. As a result it will stop multiple handgun caliber rounds. Lastly, the helmets are rated IAW NIJ-STD-0106.01. In other words, multiple hits at the same point of impact will not penetrate this helmet.
Ballistic Resistance NIJ Standard-0106.01 Standard & Testing Specification:
Protects against 8.1 g (125 gr) .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets at a velocity of 448 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1470 ft/s ± 30 ft/s) and 15.6 g (240 gr) .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets at a velocity of 436 m/s (1430 ft/s ± 30 ft/s). Conditioned armor protects against 8.1 g (125 gr) .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets at a velocity of 430 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1410 ft/s ± 30 ft/s) and 15.6 g (240 gr) .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets at a velocity of 408 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (1340 ft/s ± 30 ft/s).
In conclusion it provides protection against most handgun threats, as well as the threats covered by NIJ I, NIJ II and NIJ IIA.
We use only the highest quality materials in the manufacture of our products.
GO MILITARY GRADE, GO GUNNOOK BALLISTIC AND TACTICAL!
Money back guarantee
All of our ballistic products are covered under our limited lifetime warranty. All accessories are covered under the industry standard 1 year.
Please note, most helmets are made at the time of order for maximum “freshness” and shelf-life and may take up to 1-2 weeks to cure before the order can be fulfilled.
Please note that due to longer than usual production delays, our out-of-stock and back-ordered GunNook Standard ballistic Helmets may take up to 4-8 weeks to ship. SBH items in stock will still ship on time. All other items are currently unaffected. If you have any questions or to confirm an item is in stock please call or email us.
roberson78 (verified owner) –
— comment from eBay
phillips816 (verified owner) –
— comment from eBay
ir0nreign10 (verified owner) –
Awesome seller great to deal with fast shipping
— comment from eBay